My new current obsession: Board and Batten
Located on a farmstead of 600 acres, including a 40 acre tree farm, 20 acres of citrus, a greenhouse, and 200 acres of grazing cattle came 'Board and Batten'. I was first drawn in by their designs on their products because they're so aesthetically pleasing to the eye! As I learned more about their products and the ingredients they used as a whole, I fell even more in love! LITERALLY.
Below are the products that I am currently using from their beautiful line!
This product cleanses and hydrates ANY area of your skin. Even though spring has already started, D.C. is still in a bit of a cold frenzy, so my skin gets dry occasionally. Only a small amount is needed (especially when it comes to your face) because the texture of the balm allows a little to go a long way. Another product that comes with the balm is the 'Facial Shammy', which feels wonderful on the skin and provides an even more effective cleanse. It is soft, yet offers a gentle cleanse to wipe away make-up, excess oil, and dirt. The beauty of this product is that it is not only limited to facial use, just apply some on any part of your skin you feel is dry! Your skin will be kept hydrated and moisturized throughout the day. Totally Minimalist!
- Coconut Oil - Helps lock in moisture, anti-bacterial, natural make-up remover
- Carrot Seed Oil - Protects the skin from wrinkles, high amounts of carotol and vitamin A
- Raw Shea Butter - Reduces inflammation, aids in the skins natural collagen production, relieves eczema
- Olive Squalane - Increases water retention capacity of the skin, helps skin absorb other ingredients
- Chia Extract - Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, anti-inflammatory, rich in antioxidants
Like the Minimalist Balm, Board and Batten's Begin Again offers versatility. I have used this as both a masque and facial buff. Using 1/2 teaspoon of Begin Again with warm water OR manuka honey to form a paste, you apply it gently using upward motions (downward motions will cause your skin to sag over time). The "Micro Facial Buff" description may sound too intense for daily use, but trust me its perfect for daily use! Wash your face as instructed and your skin will be prepped for your daily facial serum/moisturizer. As for masque use, Begin Again proves to be effective when it comes to leaving a protective barrier on the skin. Use the Begin Again as a morning daily cleanser and a masque at night before you go to bed!
- Organic Oat - Natural exfoliator, forms a protective, yet moisturized layer when applied on the skin (due to beta-glucan), natural lightener
- Organic Pineapple Extract - Unclogs the skin and prevents build-up of acne and pimples
- Organic Quinoa - Aids in quick healing of damaged tissue, rejuvenates the skin from within
- Organic Apple Extract - break up the proteins that hold skin cells together, contains vitamin C, evens out the skin tone
You can use Board and Batten's Calming Lift to moisturize your skin after cleansing or spray it on damp hair for further conditioning. I find that this mist works best for me on my hair! It does an amazing job at untangling my not so silky soft hair LOL. Plus, it leaves my hair smelling like roses with a silky smooth touch!
- Silk Peptides - Keratin binding properties that creates a protective layer, prevents moisture loss, silk proteins strengthen damaged hair
- Hyaluronic Acid - Prevents hair from thinning and falling out, moisturizes the scalp, maximizes collagen levels to keep the skin soft and supple, prevents skin from pre-aging and wrinkles
Board and Batten has a wide variety of beautiful blends in their natural skincare line! Such as face, body, and hair care. They also have botanical perfumes available on their site, which I absolutely look forward to trying out! Be sure to check them out, I promise your skin with absolutely love you for it.
Thanks for reading loves,